A friend of mine had a request for me via Twitter, last week. He wanted a few book references, to keep him inspired during an upcoming vacation. Below is his question. Followed is my answer. If you enjoy a good, short read? Then take my answer to heed! And you'll not only get in a few hours of enjoyable reading. If I had to bet: You'll transform your life! Onward...
Q (paraphrased): ‘Hi Jeff, ______ here. I’m looking to buy a couple of books. I like your minimalist approach to life. So I was wondering what five or so books would you recommend? Topics: Diet, fitness, meditation. And anything else you think is worth reading. Hope you can help! Have a nice day.'
A: Hey _______. Here are a few of my personal favorites. I’ve read each on this list, multiple times. Each has given me great enjoyment. And each is one you can’t HELP but walk away from with a handful of superb, ‘life changing nuggets.’ Golden nuggets, in fact! Read any of these. Then apply their principles. And your physical, mental - even your spiritual health - will reach what some might call, ‘unheard of levels.'
1) Zen In The Martial Arts (Hyams): A great overall guide to using body AND mind to achieve all you desire. Whether it be a more powerful, healthier physique, greater success in business, or even personal relations. Learn to succeed in a way that is calm, measured, and more ‘free flowing’ – rather than overly aggressive, haphazard, and perhaps…not so much. I read from this book daily. I likely will, for life. Find out why. Powerful stuff!
2) The Ancient Secret Of The Fountain Of Youth (Kelder): An awesome little treatise on value of just a handful of simple exercises. They're ones that virtually ANYONE can do. All you need is a few square feet of space, and a bit of commitment. Yep, it doesn’t take much in the way of equipment (none, in fact) to get in a rewarding workout – one that can change your life, forever. This little guide proves it, once and for all. Read it. Use it. And be reborn!
3) As A Man Thinketh (J. Allen): Famous short book on value of maintaining good attitude. Allen claimed, ‘Just as a gardener cultivates his plot, keeping it free of weeds, and growing the flowers and fruits he requires, so may a man tend the garden of his mind.’ Agreed. Allen’s book is UNDER 100 pages. Yet it packs a powerful punch, indeed. Read it. And discover how to make your mind ‘weed free,’ today. No toxic spray required.
4) The Master Cleanser (Burroughs): Short booklet on value of fasting with lemonade. The author claims to have seen a wide variety of allegedly ‘terminal’ ailments, successfully treated by simple fasting. Probably a good idea. As our animal friends intuitively fast, when they become ill. And when left in the wild? Their health and vitality I'd say, 'puts Man's to shame.’ Plus, Dr. Walford found fasting to be the ONLY reliable method of extending a creature’s life. It's good stuff here by Burroughs. Again: Read, use, enjoy.
5) Bragg Healthy Lifestyle: Vital Living To 120! (Bragg): Superb short book on value of plant-based way of life. I’m not a big believer in organized religion of any sort. As I tend to subscribe to the one-sentence dogma, TREAT ALL AS YE WOULD BE TREATED. And this book DOES throw in the occasional tinge of religiosity 'into the mix.' Yet overall: The author’s engaging manner of suggesting a plant-based diet is best for Man, makes this one a true treasure. It was among the first I read, years ago. When I first embarked upon a high-raw, plant-based lifestyle. I'm glad I read it. Do likewise. You’ll be inspired! Or I'll 'eat my hat.' (It's plant-based, btw)
And there you have it, ________. These are all superb-yet-concise works. They're quick, easy, enjoyable reading. In fact you might call them, 'simplicity encapsulated.' Yet don't let their streamlined nature fool you, my friend. For these little tomes pack more punch than MANY a long, drawn-out, overly-verbose work. They're more immediately applicable too. Start reading one of them today. And I bet you’ll find, as I have: That simplicity is CLEARLY, as DaVinci once claimed, ‘the ultimate sophistication.’
P.S. Visit Jeff on Amazon. And discover how he transformed himself from a middle-aged, out-of-shape, fast food addict - into a healthy-eating fitness 'machine!' All it took was the simplest (and healthiest) diet known to Man. And the simplest WORKOUT plan known to Man! They're powerful enough, separately. Yet, when done in combination? It's like flipping a 'magic switch.' And one that's PROVEN to build a 'ripped,' athletic body - no matter your age! Jeff has mastered these two disciplines. He's in the shape of his life (at 49). What's more: He knows how to simplify things, so you can do the same. Visit him now. Heed his advice. Be reborn! See: http://www.amazon.com/Jeff-Sekerak/e/B015W954XG/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1444040713&sr=8-1
*Copyright 2015, J. Sekerak. Consult your doctor before engaging in any diet or fitness program. Plus: Consult your good ol' common sense! Which, in my experience, rarely steers you astray.